Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My (If I was Mark Cuban) Investment advice for 2006 - Blog Maverick - www.blogmaverick.com _

My Investment advice for 2006 - Blog Maverick - www.blogmaverick.com _

Search for this BlogMaverick IceRocket Cuban. ;) (I love messing with search engines.. I think Mark has a keyword bot checking out my blog.)

Mark Cuban says NO ONE knows what the market is going to do. I know what the market is going to do. Whatever I buy will go down in 2006. Look at Berkshire Hathaway. Blech. How about Hemosol. Gak. Not sure what I was thinking there.

His advice - avoid risk. Buy interest-earning investments. My advice - make the least amount of mistakes. I made 2 big ones last year that will cost me.

But I still look at my portfolio and laugh, when I think about how little I have lost compared to many others, and how much I worry about it. The first year I bought mutual funds, I called up an investment advisor during tax time. "Why has my portfolio gone down this year?" I asked. "Hmm. Let me pull up your file Mr. Xxxx. Well.... can you give us a call back when we're not so busy?"

I had lost $20 on my $250 investment. That's almost 10%!

Guess I will go back to buying into the Oprah/Cramer ETF and getting Ugg Boot stock.

More from thestreet on 25 Possible Surprises in 2006.

No comments: