Monday, January 23, 2006

Is Canada the most corrupt country in the world?

Bill Cara upset by a corrupt Canada, Sat., Jan. 21, 2006, 11:59 PM: "I have had enough. Kaput. Fini."

I really hope that Bill Cara blogs from wherever his greener pastures are. I recommend Costa Rica, Bill. I really enjoy reading his commentary on the market and the charades played in the courtrooms of Canada.

I have not seen this story around Stelco in the news yet (they are more interested in election day), but it sounds to me like the Enron scam of Canada, perhaps worse, since this is a company that has value, and yet the shareholder loses all of theirs.

Class A shares went down 57% today. Bill says they're illegal to be traded, and yet there's been nothing said by the TSX or OSC.

So in effect the trading today is part of the fraud, and all the officers of the OSC and TSX know what's going on. They all must be held accountable.

I really doubt that is going to happen, Bill. Let's see when the new government comes to power where the loyalties lie.

No comments: